Company: Shleppers Moving and Storage
Location: Bronx, New York, US
Shleppers Moving & Storage offers an assortment of services including a variety of moving, shipping, and storage services including: Residential Moves, Commercial Moves and Business Relocations, Long-Distance and International Transport, Storage and Warehousing, Packing and Unpacking, Box Delivery and Moving Supplies, Detailed inventory, and document storage.
Shleppers Moving & Storage -- New York's leading moving company since 1978 -- is seeking an individual to join our dispatch team.
The Dispatcher is responsible for helping with all logistical planning regarding every moving job.
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
1. Scheduling Deliveries throughout the US.
2. Arranging pick ups from other states.
3. Working closely with the Sales Manager and Sales team to schedule jobs.
4. Ensure communication to fulfill customer requests and to fix any problems as they arise.
5. Working closely with the customers to schedule pick ups and deliveries.
6. Coordinate among the Dispatch, Sales, and Storage Departments.
7. Ensuring Customers have no Storage balances before deliveries.
8. Work with the Operations Manager to schedule long distance deliveries.
9. Route planning and development.
10. Develop relationships with other moving companies to coordinate jobs as needed.
To successfully secure this opportunity, you MUST:
1. MUST be hard working
2. Should have strong values
3. Should have previous coordinating experience
4. Have intermediate skills in MS Word & MS Excel
5. Have the ability to multi-task
6. Great communication & customer service skills
7. Previous moving experience a PLUS
We are also looking for full-time, experienced truck drivers with clean driving records.